AAUW Fellowship Program; Are you a woman who wants to pursue your graduate or postgraduate studies in the United States but don’t have the finances to sponsor your dream course of study or career? We have good news for you! Guess what the good news is? American Association of University Women.
The American Association of University Women (AAUW) international fellowship is the answer and the solution to your problem. Because with the American Association of University Women international fellowship, you can pursue your dream career as a master’s degree student or as a postgraduate student who studies at one of the best universities in America.
Therefore, in this article, we are going to take a cursory look at some vital facts that will help you to know how you can apply and win this scholarship. Now let us move down to the main article of the day. Today, we will discuss the requirements criteria, the documents needed for application, the worth or the value of the scholarship, the deadline of the scholarship, the selection criteria, and the application procedures of The American Association of University Women (AAUW).
About the Scholarship
What is AAUW? American Association of University Women. The AAUW fellowship program is a full-time study program that is initiated for women who are not American citizens or permanent residents.
The fellowship support graduates and postgraduates to apply for the fellowship. It is a fully funded international fellowship. The accredited institutions are in the US.
For you to be eligible for the AAUW International Fellowships, you must fulfill certain eligibility criteria such as:
- You must be an international student with a U.S. student visa.
- An academic bachelor’s degree from the U.S. or any other recognized university.
- You must have started a full-time program graduate or doctoral program
- You must hold an academic degree in the U.S. or abroad
- You must pursue a professional career in your home country after your study
- You have to be proficient in English
- You have to submit a TOEFL or IELTS exam score as a confirmation of your proficiency follows:
- TOEFL-PBT: 550, TOEFL-iBT: 79 and IELTS: 6.5.
Selection Criteria of the International Fellowships
The international fellowship is very competitive which is why the panel will always carry out a review every year to know how to go about selecting those that are eligible and qualified for the fellowship
However, for an applicant to be qualified for the scholarship he/she must first meet these criteria below:
- Special consideration shall be given to applicants who are still living in their home country at the time of application, from developing/emerging countries,
- They must be ready to back to their home country
- They must have committed themselves to the development of women and girls in their home country
- You must have a feasible and quality proposed plan of study or research
- The proposed time schedule of your studies will be factorized
- Explain what motivate you for the research or graduate study
- The panel will look at your financial need
- You have to show evidence of what you have already achieved in your community or home country
- They will consider how important specialized knowledge or skill you will acquire will be to your home country
Successful applicants of the international fellowship will receive the following scholarship awards;
- $20,000 for Master’s/first professional degree
- $25,000 for a Doctoral degree
- $50,000 for a Postdoctoral degree
The International Fellowship Funds
The International Fellowship funds will cover a range of things but are not limited to the items mentioned below:
- The fund will cover educational expenses.
- Living expenses will be paid for through the fund
- It will also be available for dependent child care.
- The fund will extend to professional travel trips for the students
- It will cover meetings, conferences, or seminars, but it should not exceed 10 percent of the fellowship.
Courses Offered at the University
- Business and Finance Studies
- Computer Science& IT
- Creative Arts and Design
- Social Studies and Media
- Environmental Sciences
- General Sciences
- Health Studies
- Agriculture and Veterinary
- Applied and Pure Sciences
- Architecture& Construction
- Education and Training
- Mining and Oil & Gas Operations
- Travel and Hospitality
- Cultural and Critical Studies
- Regional Studies
- Religious Studies
- Film & Television
- Gender and Women’s Studies
- Global studies
Important Facts and Dates You Should Not Forget!
Please note the details of the dates in the table below
|Application start date||August 01, 2023||Not Available|
|Application final end date||November 15, 2023||The deadline is November 15 every year|
|Notification of Winners||April 15, 2023||Notification of decisions emailed to all applicants|
|Fellowship year||July 01, 2023||Fellowship year- July 1, 2023–June 30, 2024|
AAUW Fellowship Program Scholarship Application Procedure
In order for you to apply for the International Fellowship program, you will first have to ensure that you prepare the documents listed below for the application.:
- All applicants need three recommenders who are professors or professionals
- Show Proof of your highest degree.
- You will need evidence to Proof that you currently enrolled for
- You will also show Proof of the bachelor’s degree you have obtained
- The Postdoctoral applicants will have to present proof of doctorate or M.F.A. degree
- Applicants have to present an official report of TOEFL test scores
- Or they will have to provide a waiver request.
- An admission letter is needed
- Also present a C.V./Résumé
To apply for the fellowship visit the fellowship’s official website.
Note; A selected pale will put you through an eligibility quiz
I hope you have been able to get all the information you need for the application of the fellowship program because we have outlined vital facts that will help you to know how you can apply and win this scholarship. We have discussed the requirements criteria, the documents needed for application, the worth or the value of the scholarship, the deadline of the scholarship, the selection criteria, and the application procedures of The American Association of University Women (AAUW).