Flinders International Postgraduate Scholarship – Guys, have heard of The Flinders International Research Scholarship (FIPRS)? If you don’t know, quickly, let me tell you before we proceed. It is a research scholarship for international postgraduate students.
Now that you know, we love to let you know that we have got the latest update on the Finders International Research Scholarship for you. This information is very important and will help you and others who have intentions to apply for the scholarship.
In this article, we are going to look at all the requirements criteria, eligibility, how to apply for admission, how to apply for a scholarship, scholarship benefits, selection criteria, and other important information you need to know about the scholarship.\
About The Scholarship
The Flinders International Research Scholarship (FIPRS) is a scholarship that was founded with the intention to support international students who have financial challenges to cater to their postgraduate programs. The scholarship is specifically for international students who are into research, and the scholarship is meant to cover international tuition fees and also provide a stipend to all the awardees.
The scholarship is very competitive and as such, there is a very limited number of FIPRS that are available for international students each year. Because of the limited number of scholarships, that is why the scholarship is highly competitive.
Moreso, candidates who demonstrate outstanding aptitude for independent research, academic merit, academic research training, and research indicators and have very high performance are the ones that The FIPRS award is given.
For a Research Doctorate degree, the scholarship is tenable for three years, while for a Research Masters’s degree, the scholarship is tenable for two years. All successful applicants must engage in full-time study and must be first-timers for a higher degree in research.
The applicants who will become the award beneficiaries of the scholarship will be selected based on academic merit basis and the research potentials of the candidates. Meanwhile, the selection process will be done by the scholarship committee.
In the course of the selection, priority will be given to first-time students pursuing a higher degree in research. All the applications will also be ranked considering the University’s Guideline for ranking postgraduate research scholarship applicants. If you want to know more about the conditions for the award selection criteria visit https://www.flinders.edu.au/
For all the higher degree research students of Flinders University, The FIPRS will pay the international student tuition fees charges, they will also pay them a stipend for a living allowance of $33,000 per annum.
If a student can provide a receipt for proof, the university can assist a student who moves to Adelaide from overseas and is eligible for an establishment allowance of $1,485 to assist with relocation costs and airfares, after arrival at Flinders.
If you want to apply for the Finders International postgraduates scholarship, you should ensure that you are eligible based on these laid down criteria. See them below:
- All the citizens of any other oversea countries can apply excluding New Zealand, and not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status, or New Zealand citizenship.
- Applicants should be first-timers who intend to commence full-time study for a higher degree by research in Australia, that same year that the award is to offer. Another set of students who will be considered for the scholarship are those who commenced their higher degree by research in the previous year but because of the time of their application for admission and subsequent enrolment, could not apply for a FIPRS in that year, or, commenced a higher degree by research and terminated that enrolment within six months of commencement.
- They must be those who apply in the University area of particular strength, or its concentrated research resources areas and have attracted external funding, and that area is the area of research.
- They must have met all the entry requirements for a higher degree by research. The English proficiency levels in accordance are included, with the English Language Proficiency Requirements for HDR Candidature.
The Scholarship at a Glance
Title: Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (FIPRS)
Opening date: 10-04-2023
Closing date: 04-08-2023
Scholarship value; $28,854.00
Scholarship duration: 3 years with possible extension
Payment term: Paid fortnightly
Student type: International students
Level of Study: Higher Degrees Research
Selection basis: Academic merit
Important Application Information
- If you want your application to be successful, all applicants must ensure that they read and understand the application guidelines before submitting their applications.
- Get a research supervisor: the person should be an academic staff member
- Publications: your publications must be up to five, including a cover sheet. Know that without a coversheet, it will be unaccepted, and a publication that is more than five years will be disqualified
- Academic Transcripts: all the student certified u university academic transcripts must be provided by the applicant.
- Research Proposal: a research proposal of approximately 500 words in length that states the problem, hypothesis or question, approach or methodology must also be provided.
- Curriculum Vitae: a current curriculum vitae that contains all the applicant’s work experience and research experience, including the full list of published cited works has to be there.
- Format and Language: make sure that you upload all documents via the application portal and they should be in PDF format.
How to Apply for Admission into Flinders University
The international applicant has to apply through the https://www.flinders.edu.au/international/apply/apply-research-degree/how-to-apply
When you log in, complete registration at https://student-flinders.studylink.com/index.cfm?event=security.showLogin&msg=eventsecured&fr=sp&en=defaul. After that, a student ID will be created for you.
How to Apply for the Scholarship
- Activate your account with your student ID during registration
- After activating the account, you have a Finders authentication name
- Then you can submit your application for an international scholarship
- Now log in to your OKTA dashboard
- Select Student System
- Select the My Scholarship tab
- Click on the Create a new scholarship application tab
- Click on 2023 from the search
- Then click the International RHD Scholarship Group
The article has been able to look at all the requirements criteria, eligibility, how to apply for admission, how to apply for a scholarship, scholarship benefits, selection criteria, and other important information you need to know about the scholarship.