Knight Hennessy Scholars Program at Stanford University.
Applications are currently invited from suitably qualified applicants for the the 2023/2024 edition of the Knight Hennessy Scholars Program for international students to study art Stanford University.
Knight Hennessy Scholars Program is an available scholarship scheme that you can apply for at the University of Stanford, where you can become part and a member of the multidisciplinary community of Stanford University graduates who will be wired with the skills, knowledge, and leadership qualities that will help you to proffer solution to the world most challenging problems.
So today, we are going to break down all the information you will need to be able to apply for the scholarship, including but not limited to areas or fields you can apply for, the host institutions, the scholarship benefits, the application procedures, the eligibility criteria and all the requirements and documents you need for the application of the scholarship.
About The Knight Hennessy Scholars Program at Stanford University
The Knight Hennessy Scholarship at Stanford University is aimed at building world-class multidisciplinary graduates who will be outstanding in solving the world’s challenging problems. Stanford’s intention is to build a community of top-notch scholars who will be capable of affecting their world positively.
That is why every year over 100 with spectacular leadership skills, and achievement receives a fully funded scholarship to study at Stanford University. The program will afford the students to get in-depth knowledge in the areas of
- Experiential Learning
- Leadership Development
Scholars of the Knight Hennessy scholarship are expected to develop themselves deeply in different areas, both in their skills, leadership qualities, and knowledge so as to be able to confront the challenges of the now and that of the future. They will develop themselves through attending workshops, seminars, and meetings that will help to bring out the best in them.
The host institution is Stanford University in the USA
Level/Field(s) of study
Applicants who are interested in applying for the scholarship should take note of the areas that the scholarship is available in, and know where they can apply for also.
Stanford University offers scholarships for
- A Full-time Masters
- And Ph.D. degrees
The aforementioned could be offered for any subject offered at Stanford University but not limited to, DMA, JD, MA, MBA, MD, MFA, MPP, MS, or Ph.D.
Note; There are some exceptions to the above-mentioned, and they are:
- • There are no applicants for the Honors Cooperative Program
- • There are no applicants for the Master of Liberal Arts
- • The Doctor of Science in Law is included
- • This applies to students applying for coterminal graduate study, but are current students of Stanford
- This applies to students adding an MA or MS degree in their current discipline, but are current Stanford Ph.D. students
Who Can Apply for the Scholarship?
Now let us look at those who are eligible to apply for the scholarship. Since the scholarship is an international scholarship, applicants from all countries are eligible to apply.
In this section, we are going to look at the scholarship award that students will receive. If you succeed to become a beneficiary of the Knight-Hennessy scholars, the scholarship benefits you will receive will look like this:
- Three years of funding for any graduate degree(s) at Stanford.
- In the course of the study for the three years, this is what the scholar will receive:
- Funds that will cover tuition and associated fees
- Scholars will receive stipends for living and academic expenses. The academic expenses include the following: instructional materials, local transportation, room and board, books, academic supplies, and other expenses that may accrue
- An annual travel grant for economy-class tickets to and from Stanford.
- A one-time relocation stipend will be given to newly enrolled scholars to help them relocate and purchase some technology.
- Supplemental funds are possible for scholars in their second and third years.
The eligibility requirements are in two ways;
- The First eligibility requirements
Apply to Knight-Hennessy Scholars (KHS),
- The second eligibility requirements
Before enrolling in a full-time Stanford graduate degree program, you have to first apply to be accepted.
after you must have applied to the above-mentioned institutions, these then are the eligibility requirements
- Though the application should be applied separately it should be done concurrently with KHS and a full-time Stanford graduate degree program
- You will apply to KHS so as to start both programs the same year if you have already been offered and deferred admission to a full-time Stanford graduate degree program so that both KHS and the new program will start the same year.
- You will apply to add a second full-time Stanford graduate degree program if you are already a current Stanford graduate student
- For you to start KHS in your second year of Ph.D. enrollment, you have to apply to KHS, if you are a current Stanford Ph.D. student in your first year of enrollment.
What Does Stanford Seek From its Scholars?
There are three areas that Stanford focuses on while admitting its scholars. So if you are intending to be a Stanford scholar, you should have in mind the following core requirements of Stanford. They are listed below:
- Independence of Thought
- First-step mental sharpness
- Seeks out knowledge and new experiences
- Full of original ideas
- Makes sense of ambiguous situations
- Hold a dissenting point of view
- Purposeful Leadership
- Ambitious, in the best sense of the word
- Driven to improve self
- Willing to take risks
- Persists and bounces back from adversity
- Civic Mindset
- Personally humble and kind
- Respects differences
- Concerned for and helpful to others
- Low ego
The Scholarship Application Requirements
These are what the application will require:
- The online application for admission
- Unofficial transcripts
- Standardized test scores
- One-page resume/CV
- Two recommendation letters
- One essay
- Three short answer responses
- Register for the scholarship through the Knight-Hennessy Application website
- Get referees that will sign for you
- Use the Recommendation Registration Form. to register your referees
- Ensure that you register them before the submission of your application deadline.
- Upload your transcripts and a confidentiality waiver using the Recommendation Registration Form.
- Ensure you upload an online PDF copy of your application.
- Submit copies of your essay,
- Upload a short video to email@example.com
- After all said and done, the Dean of Studies will interview you
Now we have given you a breakdown of all the information you needed to be able to apply for the scholarship, including but not limited to areas or fields you can apply for, the host institutions, the scholarship benefits, the application procedures, the eligibility criteria and all the requirements and documents you need for the application of the scholarship.