Russel M. Nelson Scholarship 2023 Update – Are you looking for a scholarship, to study as an international student? Have you heard of The Russell M. Nelson Scholarship at Brigham Young University? If not, then know that such a scholarship existed and for undergraduates like you who are seeking to study as international students, you can now apply as an international student for the Rusell M. Nelson scholarship.
The scholarship is open to any student from any country and for very many courses, you may study. And you can be a beneficiary of the scholarship inasmuch as you are able to fulfill all the requirements criteria of the school and sponsors.
In this article, we will outline all the requirements criteria, academic qualifications, eligibility criteria for your application, application deadline, how to apply, and the benefits that every applicant will receive from the scholarship.
About The Russel M. Nelson Scholarship
The Russell M. Nelson Scholarship is one of the global student scholarships for students who intend to study at Brigham Young University. It is one of the most prestigious scholarships offered at Brigham Young University. The recipients of those that are awarded this scholarship are those who are among the most academically gifted students. As you know, the scholarship is, however, not awarded to students on academic merit alone.
The university is aimed at giving opportunities to students who have the faith, intellect, character, and skills to continue to learn and to serve others all through their lives. Students who are offered this scholarship scheme must show the highest standards, leadership, integrity, testimony, devotion to the Church, and modesty in word, action, dress, grooming, and other requirements that are expected of them.
The Russel M. Nelson Scholarship, Brigham Young University, was established in 1875, by Russel M. Nelson Scholarship, and co-sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saint. Every year, about 50 new students or freshmen students have the opportunity of enjoying. Beneficiaries of this award will receive financial support that is valued at 150% of the Latter-day Saint tuition fee for eight semesters.
All the Applicants who want to benefit from the scholarship must ensure that the essay portion of the regular scholarship application is completely carried out. And after all, is said and done, a review will be done by the scholarship committee to scrutinize the information as well as information from the admissions application to determine the recipients of this scholarship, if they are eligible or not to benefit from the scholarship.
Programs That The Scholarship Supports
What are the courses/programs available to international students who are recipients of the scholarship? All the courses offered at the university are eligible for the scholarship. If you want to apply for the scholarship, the followings are the programs/courses offered by the school for the scholarship.
Courses Offered by Brigham Young University
Over 200 degree programs are available in this scholarship for all national and international students to choose from more
Brigham Young University offers about 186 undergraduate courses and programs.
- 110 undergraduate minors are available for students
- 64 master’s programs are available for students in this category
- While 26 doctoral programs are available for those who apply under this category
All the courses/programs offered at Brigham Young University, are eligible for the scholarship scheme.
Eligibility And Required Document
As an applicant for the Rusell M. Nelson Scholarship, what are the eligibility requirements? And you must meet them all at the time of application at Brigham Young University.
Basic Education Requirements
- Undergraduate applicants must have a good or say the highest score in their SAT or ACT results
- They must also have very good scores in 10th and 12th grades from a recognized board of education for undergraduate applicants
- Graduate applicants must have good or impressive GRE or GMAT results.
- Also, graduate and undergraduate applicants must have good scores in 10th, 12th, and bachelor from a recognized university/institution
- They must also provide previous education in relevant discipline for both graduate and for undergraduate applicants
The university has a visa requirement for all students, and all applicants must meet the visa policy and work permit requirements specified by the university.
English Proficiency Requirements
All the international applicants of the BYU, are expected to present proof of English proficiency for them to be considered for the scholarship. The IELTS, TOEFL, PTE, and Cambridge English (Advanced or Proficient) scores, which are valid for two years, are part and parcel of the English proficiency tests. A new score will be required of a student if the test score expires before the application deadline. But it is not applicable to students taking the Cambridge English exams.
Other documents needed for the application?
Other supporting documents required for admission to both graduate and undergraduate programs at Brigham Young University are:
Official transcripts from high school,
Or from a university, college, or institute
- English proficiency exam scores (IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/Cambridge English)
- Acceptable qualifying exam scores for undergraduates
- An acceptable GRE/GMAT for graduates
- Statement of Purpose or Essay
- Letters of Recommendation (if needed)
- Student CV/Academic Resume
- Arts portfolio (for a few undergraduate programs)
- Research proposal (for a few graduate programs)
- Copy of a valid passport page
- Bank statements, sponsors’ information, financial statements
Note: the document requirements may not be the same depending on the course of study or different programs.
How to Apply for Russel M. Nelson Scholarship
For you to apply, you will need the following:
- You must have an application form
- Write an essay
- Have a financial need analysis
Please visit the university’s official website for more information about the Russel M. Nelson Scholarship for Global Students at Brigham Young University
Applicants must complete the essay scholarship application portion
- Fall 2024: Dec 15, 2023
- Spring 2024: Dec 15, 2023
- Summer 2024: Dec 15, 2023
- Winter 2025: Aug 1, 2024
If you are ready to apply click on Apply Now
The Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Bachelor’s Degree
- Host Institution: Brigham Young University
- Scholarship Type: The scholarship is not a completely funded scholarship, it is a Partial Funding
- Eligible Nationalities: All Nationalities are eligible
- Eligible courses: All the courses offered at Brigham Young University, are eligible.
- Number of Recipients: only 50 students will be beneficiaries of the scholarship
- Additional Scholarships Materials Required? Yes, there is other information that you may be required to supply, in the course of the process.
Russel M. Nelson Scholarship Official Contacts and Address
You can get more information about the school and the scholarship at:
Address: 150 E Building Blvd Provo, Utah