University of Sydney International Scholarship – Have you heard of the University of Sydney International Scholarship for 2023? Whether you know about the existence of the scholarship or you are just hearing about it for the first time, all you to know is that the 2023 scholarship form is out and those who are interested are advised to apply for the scholarship.
The University of Sydney International Scholarship is a yearly scholarship that is offered to international students for undergraduate degrees, master’s degrees, and Ph.D. students. The scholarship is a wide range of scholarship that spans a different field of studies as we will later see.
However, today we are going to discuss an international scholarship that you can apply for courtesy of the University of Sydney. In the scholarship, we will discuss the eligibility criteria, requirements, benefits, how to apply, the document requirements, the available courses you can apply for, who can apply, and all other important information that you need to apply for the scholarship.
About The University of Sydney
Who Can Apply for the University of Sydney International Scholarship?
This scholarship is open to every international student, who is willing to study their dream courses at the University of Sydney.
University of Sydney International Scholarship Eligibility
- • Applicants must have enrolled or is about to commence studies as an international student
- Applicants from all over the world can apply for the scholarship
- • Candidates must have an outstanding academic record and achievement and research potential to be qualified
- • Must be a fully enrolled student with a master’s degree in the university
- Or must be enrolled for a Ph.D. at the University of Sydney, and should have an unconditional offer of admission.
- Applicants for master’s or Ph.D. must have a first-class or a second-class honors
Required Documents for the Scholarship Application
- Online Application Form
- Must present a Transcripts
- Should have a curriculum Vitae (C.V)
- Have one Letter of Reference
- Research Proposal of the student
- Personal Statement
- English proficiency certificates (IELTS / TOEFL)
- To apply for a master’s degree program, the students must have a bachelor’s degree
- To apply for Ph.D. Degree Program, the students must have a master’s degree
- Supervisor’s Acceptance Letter
- Academic thesis for the Ph.D. degree
- Academic thesis or publications for Ph.D. applicants
What are the benefits that students of the University of Sydney International Scholarship will receive if they successfully get the scholarship? Every successful student of the scholarship will get the sum of $37,207 per annum. This scholarship is to assist students with their tuition fees and living costs.
- Undergraduate Student benefits are valued at $6000 every year throughout the period of the program
- Full tuition fees for Masters students
- Full tuition fees for Ph.D. students
- Free Accommodation will be supplied too
- A stipend of $28,596 per year
- Medical Insurance
- Airfare for a visa to Sydney is valued at $1,250
- Master’s degree students will receive the sum of $420
- While Ph.D. students receive $840
Available Courses to Apply For
There are so many courses that you can choose from, depending on your area of specialization. The course listed below is some of the courses but not limited to that. Other courses are also available and you can make more findings on that through the University of Sydney Courses link. See some of the available courses here:
- Arts and social sciences
- Architecture, design, and planning
- Education and social work
- Engineering and computer science
- Medicine and Health
- Level of Study: undergraduates, Masters, and PhD
- Institution(s): University of Sydney
- Study in: Australia
- Courses Offered: All the courses at the University of Sydney Courses.
- Program Duration: Depending on the program. Some may be two to four years.
- Deadline: application for the scholarship is open and closes By September each year.
What To Do Before Applying for the University of Sydney Scholarship
If you want to apply for the University of Sydney scholarship, follow the steps below:
(1) Choose a degree either a master’s, Ph.D., or Undergraduate degree
Check your eligibility for this scholarship
(2) make sure your research ideas are well developed
(3) Find a supervisor for yourself
(5) Assess your application before submission
(4) finally submit your application
Scholarship Application Deadline
In case you don’t know when the application will stop, take note of this. All the application for the scholarship is already open and ongoing, but the application window will be closing on 15 September 2023 for all international students. Therefore, the application is invited for all the suitably qualified candidates who wish to apply for the scholarship. However, to apply log in to the University of Sydney’s official website at https://www.sydney.edu.au/.
Before any student will be selected as the University of Sydney scholarship beneficiary, the selection will follow certain selection criteria thus:
- It will be based on academic merit
- It will also be based on individuals’ personal statements relative to their scholarship application
After all the selection is done, it is the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education) on the recommendation of a committee consisting of various Faculty Deans, or their nominated delegates that will award the scholarship to every beneficiary.
The article has discussed all the detailed information you need for the scholarship. In the scholarship, we have discussed all the eligibility criteria, requirements, benefits, how to apply, the document requirements, the available courses you can apply for, who can apply, and all other important information that you need to apply for the scholarship successfully. So congratulation.